Significant landscape Channel – Port
Code of conduct
For a pleasant and safe stay in the protected area and for the preservation of nature, it is necessary to adhere to certain rules of conduct and obey to certain advices.
The Ranger Service performs direct protection in the protected area and has the authority to impose a penalty at the place of violation in cases of non-compliance with the rules established by the Rules of Internal Order and the Nature Protection Act.
The following actions are particularly prohibited in this protected area:
- damage and / or destroy the sign and / or information board and / or didactic equipment,
- driving motor vehicles without permission on roads where traffic is prohibited or restricted,
- light a fire outside settlements and / or places that are specially marked and designated for that purpose / lighting a fire,
- camp, ie camp outside the designated and marked places,
- dispose of waste outside the designated and marked place and to pollute nature,
- perform illegal underwater activities,
- engage in illegal fishing,
- hunt, capture, disperse or disturb wild animals or other animal species,
- picking and damaging indigenous plants and damaging trees,
- rock damage,
- recording for commercial purposes without approval,
- lead dogs without a leash.
Information for visitors and Code of conduct during a visit to the St Nicholas’ Fortress and during a boat ride through the significant landscape Channel-Port in Šibenik:
- A visit to the St Nicholas’ Fortress in the significant landscape Channel-Port in Šibenik is possible only by boat organized by the Public Institution Nature of Šibenik-Knin County, with the use of multimedia multilingual guides with headphones, which are available on board. The ship departs according to the predeterminated schedule from the Šibenik waterfront, mulo Krke.
- A visit to the fortress is possible only with the purchased ticket at the Info Center at the address Obala dr. Franje Tuđmana 4, 22000 Šibenik or through the web shop at: tickets.kanal-svetog-ante.com. The ticket or bar code from the smartphone must be saved until the end of the visit, and visitors are obliged to show them at the request of an official.
- All visitors on board are required to obey the captain’s orders as he is responsible for the safety of passengers and crew.
- All visitors who take multimedia guides and headphones are obliged to keep them and return them undamaged. In case of their damage, the visitor is obliged to compensate the damage to the Public Institution Nature of Šibenik-Knin County.
- Tour escorts and interpreters are available for all the visitors’ questions, on board and at the St Nicholas’ Fortress.
- It is forbidden to damage the inventory of the fortress (warning signs, information boards, AR markings, etc.).
- It is forbidden to moor and the vessel at the mooring in front of the St Nicholas’ Fortress, except for vessels organized by the Public Institution Nature of Šibenik-Knin County.
- It is forbidden to swim in front of St Nicholas’ Fortress and around the fortress.
- It is forbidden to jump from the fortress and to jump from the ship, dive around the fortress and around the mooring of the fortress, climb and lean from the walls and take photos on the edge of the fortress walls, smoking, lighting fires, bringing weapons, explosives and flammable materials, and it is forbidden to cross protective fences.
- It is not allowed to bring the pets.
- Garbage disposal and nature pollution (on land and sea) are prohibited.
- Recording for commercial purposes without the approval of the Public Institution Nature of Šibenik-Knin County is prohibited.
- It is recommended to check the weather forecast, wear suitable clothing and footwear, take drinking water, sunscreen and mosquito protection.
Finally, it is important to remember this number 112 – the unique European emergency number.
The Code of conduct is written for the purpose of safe visiting the St Nicholas’ Fortress, and all visitors are obliged to adhere to the stated rules.